Monday, October 5, 2009

Sandra Bradley, a staff member at Morehouse College, got an email about two men getting married, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. She immediately fired off this reply:

Black women can’t get a break, either our men want another man, a white woman (or other nationality that’s light with straight hair), they are locked up in jail or have a 'use to be' fatal disease. I’m beginning to believe Eve was a black woman and we Black women are paying for all the world’s sins through her actions (eating the apple),"

So, they fired her.

Everybody in the world is jumping on her, but I feel bad for the woman. First, it's pretty damned ironic that she was fired for saying black women are just screwed. And second, it's a common complaint: "If gay dudes were straight, my bitter ass wouldn't be single!" Sister, I hear you. If straight dudes were gay, I'd be picking out wallpaper patterns with a biker named Rooster right now.

No comments:

StatCounter