Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tom Hanks' son Chet is "an up and coming MC" who records under the alias Chet Haze. He's also a frat boy at Northwestern University. Curious about his street cred? Well, he was "[b]orn and raised on the West Side of the Westside's main city LA."

Okay, so maybe that's Brentwood.

His bio also says, "Living the college life, Chet's days consist of chilling with his boys, attending class, and taking care of business. However, his nights consist of absolutely murdering tracks, and living what he is really spitting." After "hittin' blunts," DJ Haze gets busy:

I got a call from the brothers in the frat house
I'm with my girl, tryin to get up under that blouse
She a freshman, she a freak though
In the bed, but a lady in the street, yo.

She say, "You borrow these wheels?"
I say, "I ain't no mooch.
I bought this Camry with the cash
Dad made from Turner and Hooch."

Man, I am totally down with DJ Haze. But now I gotta split: I got ninety-nine problems and my philosophy homework is #1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that a spoiled rich kid, presumably with a best-that-money-can-buy education, chooses to express himself in such deathless prose as "She a freshman, she a freak though / In the bed, but a lady in the street, yo." Looks like this "WANNABE" sign is going to have to be even bigger than the iconic "HOLLYWOOD" one.

Migs said...

He looks kind of hot, though. But...nah. Colin looks like a much more decent guy.

StatCounter