Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Rick Warren Flashback

RICK WARREN:In a Beliefnet interview . . . Steve Waldman asked me about gay marriage. . . . I gave some examples of what I think shouldn't be considered to be marriage, like an older guy with a younger woman. Then [Waldman] said, "Are you saying that those are the same thing?" I said, "Oh sure." It made it sound like I was equating homosexuality with pedophilia and incest. I don't believe it, never have, and never would.


*** FLASHBACK ***



RICK WARREN:I’m opposed to having a brother and sister be together and call that marriage. I’m opposed to an older guy marrying a child and calling that a marriage. I’m opposed to one guy having multiple wives and calling that marriage.
STEVEN WALDMAN:Do you think, though, that they are equivalent to having gays getting married?
RICK WARREN:Oh I do. . . .
Me, I'm not saying a word. Jesus said something about judging not. As for Warren's confusing the "child" in the earlier interview with a "younger woman" in the latter, well, I'll let the Mormons defend him on that.

No comments:

StatCounter