Friday, April 30, 2010

It was a beautiful Arbor Day, so I decided to head to the park. Coincidentally, it was the very same park where Carmen Electra was shaving five of New York's hairiest men. Luckily I brought my camera so I can share it with you.

Here Carmen is being introduced. She's adjusting her top. Next to looking confused, it's her favorite way to pass the time.


Carmen calls for volunteers, and there isn't exactly a mad dash to the stage. Finally five guys get up and take off their shirts.

Here's your first clue something is seriously wrong. Of all the men below, which one has just been shaved?


Yes, the one on the right.

It's a bit awkward, because Carmen tries to shave these guys without touching them. She swipes the razor over them once or twice and then pronounces them done. She's willing to do arms, but no backs and definitely nothing below the waist. The guy next to me yells, "I'VE GOT MORE HAIR ON MY ASS!" I'll confirm that on Saturday night.

The show ends literally three minutes later, and Carmen adjusts one final time.


Here's a video that nobody really needs to watch.



The event was a joint promotion between some Arbor Day foundation and Philips Norelco body groomers. Actually, it was a great learning experience, because I had no idea how badly our New York men have been deforested. There in the park, I might have shed a little tear, but it's still not enough to make me recycle.

No comments:

StatCounter