Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Constance McMillen Named Grand Marshal of NYC's Pride March

Constance McMillen, a Mississippi high school honors student who fought back when her school told her she couldn’t take her girlfriend to the prom, has been announced as one of the Grand Marshals for the 41st Annual LGBT Pride March in New York on June 27, 2010. “I never dreamed so many people would support my fight to take my girlfriend to the prom, much less that I’d end up being asked to be a Grand Marshal at NYC Pride,” said McMillen, an 18-year-old high school senior from Fulton, Mississippi, adding, “I’m really honored and touched to be asked to be part of this celebration.”

By the way, if any of the folks in Mississippi are interested in seeing the demonized hometown girl applauded by millions of New Yorkers, I have vital information. The original route, marching down 5th Avenue from 52nd Street, has been changed. The new route is down McDougal Street in Staten Island, starting at the Exxon on Turner Boulevard and ending at the Tottenville Food Circus at Willis and Grand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Good one!

D

StatCounter