Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There are two types of bloggers in the world: those sad folks who flog away futilely in the vain hope of reaching some nonexistent audience, and those with a large, faithful following who get invited to fabulous parties where they hobnob with the stars of upcoming TV shows, eat and drink for free, and take home goody bags stuffed with t-shirts, DVDs, memory sticks and even food.

Luckily I know somebody who's got a good blog.

I'll admit straightaway that these parties definitely buy me off. They won't make me lie and say a lousy TV show is good -- it takes tropical vacations or cars to do that -- but they'll definitely make me think twice about posting something negative.

So, last night I went to a party for Michael and Michael Have Issues, a new Comedy Central show debuting tomorrow night. I'd never heard of Michael Ian Black or Michael Showalter, but now I'm a fan. The show is 30 Rockish, about two guys who write and star in a TV show, with some of Seinfeld's nothingness and random humorous interludes. The debut episode has definite gay interest with a clueless teen playing cub to a tank-topped bear, but there's more than enough fully-clothed entertainment to make my list of must-sees.

And really, you know, you can believe me.

I'm the guy who didn't tell you about Kröd Mändoon.

1 comment:

dpaste said...

I have friends with mega-blogs and I don't get invited to shit.

StatCounter