Thursday, July 9, 2009

Christ, and I Thought I Felt Bad for Michael Jackson's Kid

Readers of Patti LaBelle’s cookbook, “LaBelle Cuisine,” may remember one of that book’s more fraught passages: “It’s not rational I know, but I have a serious thing about my plastic containers. I will give you the food off my stove and shirt off my back, but not my Tupperware! That I want back!” And she went on: “People think I’m kidding when I tell them they have to return it within a week, but I’m not. Just ask my niece Stayce. A month after I’d sent her home with several containers of food, she still hadn’t brought them back. I called her up and had a hissy fit. I must have fussed at Stayce a good 10 minutes before I realized she was crying.”

(By the great Henry Alford in the New York Times)

No comments:

StatCounter