Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I love love love Joe.My.God, but sometimes I wonder about the usefulness of political posts. I mean, after we've established that somebody is a brain-dead idiot, do we really need daily updates?

Say your neighbor tells you that in the middle of the night a little yellow space alien walloped his butt with uncooked spaghetti. The next time you see him, are you going to ask for news? Will you email asking for any continuing developments?

No. You're going to write the dude off.

As the spokesperson for certified hate group Liberty Counsel, Matt Barber has been walloped with spaghetti more times than anyone can count. Yet today Joe quotes him attacking Ann Coulter for her ties to the right-wing gay group GOProud:

"There is nothing conservative about the radical homosexual activist agenda which seeks to impose, under penalty of law, sexual anarchy."

Got that? We're going to impose -- under penalty of law -- sexual anarchy. It's crazy. Certifiably crazy. But, you know, I like it. I'm glad I read about it. It cheers me up to think idiots actually believe gay people have that kind of clout. That kind of vision.

In fact, I want to hang on to this mental picture of our agenda. No longer will the police patrol our streets: no, they'll be stationed in our bedrooms.

"Let me see," Officer Rachel Tension will bark as she ticks off items on her check list. "Rubber sheets, Slim Jims, vanilla pudding. Looks like you're good to go!"

"I'm sorry," Sgt. Wilma Fingerdo will say to Mr. and Mrs. Demarest across the street as he gently maneuvers her into the missionary position, "but if you don't have a black dude or a chicken, I'm going to have to write you up."

No comments:

StatCounter