Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yesterday at 11:30 am, while I was happily surfing the internet, somebody disconnected my cable. I spotted a Time Warner Cable repair truck in front of my apartment building, so I asked the repairman what was up. The cable would be fixed in ten minutes, he said.

Two hours later my cable was still down and the truck was gone.

In the 18 hours since, I've abandoned the idea that Time Warner Cable customer service reps use anything other than tea leaves and pigeon entrails to determine the status of their hardware. Which means I've let go, let God, and now I'm in the laundromat across the street typing this on a keyboard covered with short, kinky hairs. The good news is, I have three new entries to my brand new series, Time Warner Cable Believe It Or Not!



Time Warner Cable Believe It Or Not!

In his fourteen years on the job, Customer Service representative Steven has never once told the truth to a customer. He told me that the repairmen were still working on the line (they weren't), that the cable would be back up shortly (still isn't), and that his supervisor was busy but she'd call me back within half an hour (no word yet).



Time Warner Cable Believe It Or Not!

After my cable had been disconnected for four hours and I'd spent two hours arguing on the phone with clueless idiots, supervisor Alicia actually told me to go online and file a complaint.



Time Warner Cable Believe It Or Not!

Five hours after my cable went out, an anonymous employee -- I'd taken down eight names by now, and didn't need any more evidence that these folks were idiots -- reassured me that TWC would make it up to me. If I called their billing department after my service was restored, they'd reimburse me for the down time.

Total credit? $1.33.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Expecting anything other than lies, evasions and total cluelessness from Time Warner Cable is much like expecting Sarah Palin to write a check to support your Women's Health Clinic. And have you ever noticed that their recorded messages have all started with "Due to unusally high call volume..." since before the turn of the Millennium? I wonder when the clamoring hordes of ripped-off, pissed-off customers ever becomes "normal" for them.

StatCounter