Monday, August 2, 2010

My current boyfriend, Raoul, is addicted to So You Think You Can Dance, which means I'm doomed to fourteen hours of fartsy gymnastics every week. Just for my own mental health, I invented a drinking game that really helps those turgid dance routines electric-slide by. If you're doomed to a similar fate, here are the rules I made up.
  • Take a shot whenever somebody dances to a third-rate cover tune by an American Idol loser.

  • Chug a beer whenever an edgy, pierced choreographer with a partly shaved head writes a piece where a boy meets a girl at a park bench.

  • Chug a beer whenever Nigel Lythgoe congratulates the show for revolutionizing dance in America, then makes two teenagers foxtrot.

  • Take a shot whenever a girl does something that'd get a fiver stuffed into her bra at Flashdancers.

  • Chug a beer whenever a judge extols the sacred beauty of dance, and then the next dance features a move called "Look at my crotch! LOOK!"

  • Take a shot every time the eternally-chipper Cat Deeley says to a contestant, "Come here, you!"

  • Chug a beer every time a judge tells a dancer "The ladies here sure love you" and the dude is queerer than Elton John's purple codpiece.

Of course, you can customize this any way you'd like. I used to take a shot whenever a white chick whipped her hair like a pole dancer, but then I'd routinely pass out during the opening credits.

No comments:

StatCounter