Monday, August 16, 2010

I've written previously about how sometimes the teabaggers don't seem all that crazy to me, and I just found somewhere else where we agree.

I don't think Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center.

Now, this is absolutely not religious bigotry. I'd feel the same way about any religion that preaches bizarre beliefs. But the sad fact is, some religions exist solely to preach hate, and their focus seems to be fighting and killing rather than truly achieving any kind of spirituality.

Basically, like Pat Robertson said, Muhammad was a terrorist. He was a violent man, a man of war. You'd never see Jesus being called a man of war. Jesus was --

What? Exodus 15:3? Well, I'll bet Jesus waged a different kind of war. A peaceful, loving war. A war of flowers and, like, hugs or something. The Muslims, though, claim Islam is a peaceful religion, and it isn't. As the Koran makes it clear, "if you see an infidel, you kill him." You won't see Jesus saying --

What? Luke 19:22-27? Jesus orders his followers to kill anybody who refuses to be ruled by him? Well, look -- he was our savior. He was trying to be helpful. He wanted to protect people from fake religions that teach crazy things, like saying women who commit adultery should be stoned, and homosexuals should be --

Oh, shut up. There's no way. Stoned? In the Bible? Oh, you are fuckin' kidding me. I mean, for Christ's sake!

Hmm? The Bible tells you to slaughter anybody who takes the Lord's name in vain?

Well, okay. If you got to, you got to.

I guess it's some consolation that at least I won't be killed by a nut.

No comments:

StatCounter