Tuesday, June 8, 2010

[Mark] Ronson had influential admirers even in the early days of his career. The rapper Sean "P Diddy" Combs went to see Ronson DJ, and was impressed enough to offer him a $100 note. Ronson tried, and failed, to refuse the money. "He said 'take the fucking money' and scrumpled it up and threw it at me. So whatever, I took the money."

Ronson framed the bill, with Combs's number, at his house in New York.

"I kept it for about a year and then one day I was scrounging for quarters to go and get a slice of pizza from Bleaker Street and I was like oh, man, and walked into Joe's pizza with a $100 bill in my hand," he said.

Having later told Combs the story, the rapper gave Ronson another $100 bill. "I was like, wow, if I had a heroin problem this would be a great scam," he said.

The second one didn't last long either – after forgetting his wallet, Ronson used it to pay a cab the very next day.

No comments:

StatCounter