Thursday, December 10, 2009

Don't have time to read all the idiocy out there? Here's a quick summary of Christopher Muther's Boston Globe op-ed about Adam Lambert.

I can keep quiet no longer. Adam Lambert looks ridiculous. He's ruining the reputation of gays, who look much better when they're in the closet like in A Single Man.

Lambert claims his act is so controversial because people are used to the media portraying gays with certain clichés.

Gay clichés? Ha! I give the TV my "side eye."

Like Lambert's shocking out rocker isn't a cliché! Why, Freddie Mercury did that just thirty years ago, except for the "out" part! Plus, Lambert needs to apologize to Depeche Mode, because only one gay act can wear nail polish at a time.

Lambert is such a gay cliché that now he's making me roll my eyes.

He needs to give up the theatrics that people like in rock and just stand around and sing.

At the very least, it'd give my eyes a rest.



(Via Joe.My.God.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, he could try to come up with some new theatrics. The crotch-grabbing, faux-aggressive, sneer-and-stomp shtick he's doing now is strictly recycled Early Michael Jackson.

StatCounter