Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Notes from a Hungover Blogger

A "stunner"? The Giants won, so yesterday's game was a "stunner"? They were one of the two teams playing, so it wasn't all that impossible for them to win. Now, if thirty-seven million people had suddenly decided they had better things to do than watch millionaires play a meaningless sport, that would have been a stunner.

Somebody put a quiz online to test one's knowledge of Ikea products. Is Splexnvog a chair, a vase, or silverware? Is Plyxnoogen a bookcase or carpeting? I do quite a bit of shopping there, so I only got two wrong. I thought Jerker and Fartfull were the guys Raoul brought to my Super Bowl party.

Ikea Quiz

I'm pissed about all the Michael Jackson Super Bowl hype. "It's confirmed!" his spokesmen said. "It's on! A super-special surprise that'll air during the Super Bowl!"

And it turns out to be Naomi Campbell dancing to "Thriller" with a bunch of Geico lizards.

Here's my own little quiz. A desperate, over-the-hill model cavorting with reptiles: the Gloved One's "comeback," or your average Saturday night at any New York club?

No comments:

StatCounter