Tuesday, November 17, 2009

German prosecutors say the 26-year-old man who tried to extort $100,000 from former supermodel Cindy Crawford has turned himself in to police. Edis Kayalar allegedly threatened to release a photo of Crawford's scantily-clad daughter bound to a chair and gagged when she was 7. According to court papers, a former nanny took the picture as part of a ''cops and robbers'' game.


SCENE: Former Supermodel Cindy Crawford talks to a household employee in the foyer of her luxurious Beverly Hills home.

CINDY: My taxi's here, so I'm off to Stuttgart. Have you seen Kaia?

NANNY: She's around here somewhere.

Spunky young KAIA runs by wearing sneakers that blink with every step and a lacy black teddie by Victoria's Secret for Pre-Tweens.

CINDY: There's my little supermodel! Well, I'm off to Germany. See you two next week!

KAIA and NANNY: Bye!

CINDY exits.

KAIA (pouting): I'm bored.

NANNY: Let's play a game. How about Chutes and Ladders?

KAIA: It's dumb.

NANNY: Candyland?

KAIA: That's for kids.

NANNY: How about Cops and Robbers, a game usually played by teams that casts one side as overly imperious and the other as sociopathic career criminals in need of incarceration?

KAIA: Okay!

NANNY picks up KAIA and carries her toward an oversized Chinese Chippendale chair.

NANNY: I'm taking you downtown for questioning about the theft of some very expensive electronics. You'd better do what I say or you'll regret it, young lady.

KAIA: I thought this game was just a lame variation on tag. Forget it -- let's play Parcheesi instead.

NANNY: Hah! Maybe you should have thought about that before you pocketed that GameBoy. We didn't get to be America's biggest retailer by letting hoodlums like you get away scot-free.

NANNY pushes KAIA into a chair and binds her hands with an emergency stash of rope she found nearby.

KAIA: Nanny, you're starting to scare me. And I hope that's pretend rope, so if God forbid anything happens to you I'll be able to call for help.

NANNY: Pretend it is, you remorseless little punk.

NANNY rips off her apron and tears it into strips.

KAIA: Hey, now you're creeping me out. Why do we have to use a gag?

NANNY: That's what they'd do at Wal-Mart. And you won't learn anything at all from children's games unless you cling to the rules with the utmost verisimilitude.

KAIA: Oh. Okay.

NANNY stuffs the makeshift gag in KAIA's mouth. NANNY steps back and admires the child.

NANNY: You know, I hate breaking out of character, but you look absolutely adorable.

KAIA: HMPHHLG?

NANNY: I'm thinking it's like an allegory of the struggle to maintain innocence. The scantily-clad child-bondage thing is incidental to its appeal. (PAUSE) I'll go get the camera.

KAIA: PHLARFF!?!?!

NANNY: Yes, of course Mommy would have celeb shutterbug Steven Klein snap the picture, but Mommy's out of town. You know, I bet this turns out so well I'll keep a copy on my table at home.

TWO WEEKS LATER.

CINDY: But then police caught the culprit and now the whole nightmare is over. (PAUSE) Well, I'm off to Bangkok. You two have fun!

KAIA: Bye Mommy!

NANNY: Bye Ms. Crawford!

CINDY exits.

NANNY (clapping her hands together): Who wants to play Plastic Surgeon?

FIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your mommy's last name is Crawford, you probably shouldn't count on smooth sailing.

StatCounter