Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Sweet Caroline" Was Caroline Kennedy

LOS ANGELES -- Neil Diamond has finally revealed that President Kennedy's young daughter was the inspiration for his hit song "Sweet Caroline."

He was a struggling songwriter when he saw a photo of the president's daughter in a news magazine, he recalled. "It was a picture of a little girl dressed to the nines in her riding gear, next to her pony. It was such an innocent, wonderful picture, I immediately felt there was a song in there."


Let's refresh our memories, shall we?

Look at the night
and it don't seem so lonely.
We fill it up with only two.
And when I hurt,
hurtin' runs off my shoulders
how can I hurt when holdin' you?

Warm
touchin' warm
reachin' out
touchin' me
touchin' you.


O . . . kay. This is all about a "little girl."

I don't think I want to know what the inspiration for "Cherry, Cherry" was.

She's Got the Way to Move Me, Cherry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As if he admitted this, on satellite, in front of everyone. I can just imagine the room going completely silent while everyone there is thinking "awwwwwkward".

StatCounter