Friday, December 6, 2013

How West Side Story Would Change If It'd Been Written By Rogers & Hammerstein
  • The song "I Want To Live In America" mentions thirteen types of pie.

  • Instead of knife fights, the Sharks and Jets have yodeling competitions.

  • Maria sings "I Feel Pretty" after making a dress out of wrapping paper and Bubble Yum.

  • Maria endears herself to the Jets by teaching them how to play the spoons.

  • The song "I Just Met A Girl Named Maria" has a chorus about goatherds.

  • The fight scenes are choreographed by Kenny Ortega.

  • In bed, Tony shows Maria his skill with finger puppets.

  • Officer Krupke isn't an idiot.

  • The line "There's a place for us" is followed by eighteen kids yelling, "VIENNA!"

  • What kills Tony? Acute peritonitis.

How The Sound of Music Would Change If It'd Been Written By Leonard Bernstein
  • Maria is kicked out of the convent because she's pregnant.

  • When Maria says "fa" means a long, long way to run, some white kids hit her with a rock.

  • The Nazis are played by Sal Mineo and Montgomery Clift.

  • Maria's favorite things include pony kegs and Nine Inch Nails.

  • When Liesl sings that she needs someone older and wiser, Rolf suggests Swami Vivekananda.

  • The kids entertain party guests by playing mumblypeg.

  • The answer to "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria"? Asphyxiation.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I Like Maria's song you mentioned in your article. I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay, And I pity, any girl who isn't me today. I feel charming, oh so charming, it's alarming

StatCounter