Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sigh; two weeks after I finish a course of antibiotics I'm still totally fucked up. I guess I should have known this in advance, but I didn't realize that antibiotics would kill all the probiotics in my body. Adios to every benefit I got from eight thousand dollars worth of Activia.

I didn't realize how much I needed these guys. See, probiotics are like the customs agents that live in your colon. They stand there, arms crossed, examining everything that comes by for something the body can use. Carrot chunk? Just pull that puppy over here so we can suck all the Vitamin A out of it. Spinach leaf? Thisaway.

And now they're all dead, and everything I eat just gets waved right on through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ach, just keep on with the Activia. In a week your flora will be back on traffic-cop duty and you'll be getting all the goods (?) out of those carrot chunks.

StatCounter