Monday, April 20, 2009

During last night's Miss USA pageant, Miss California appeared confused about the state of gay marriage in the U. S. "Well, I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or another," she declared. "Um, we live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage." She went on to say, though, that "In my country and in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman."

After being told that she was slightly misinformed, she attempted damage control. "When I'm out of the country or without my family," she clarified, "I think I believe something else entirely."



(Via Joe.My.God)



According to the New York Times, President Obama keeps in touch with the American public by reading some of the mail he receives. Mike Kelleher, the director of the White House Office of Correspondence, chooses ten letters a day from the thousands that pore in, hoping to give the president a sample of what is on American minds.

Bush used to study ten letters a day too. And by the end of his second term in office, he could write down every single one except Q.





My friend Jon has cancer that luckily is being controlled by drugs. Occasionally I go to the doctor with him to provide moral support. The doctor -- thirtyish, in good shape, attractive even without the six-figure income -- tells Jon the drugs are still working fine, but Jon reports a side effect.

"I used to have some chest hair," he says, "but after I started taking these pills it completely disappeared."

"Maybe I should take some," the doctor jokes. "I've got more chest hair than I need."

"I had some hair on my back, too," Jon continues, "and even that's gone now. I'm, like, smooth as a baby's bottom above the waist."

"My back is pretty well covered," the doctor admits. "It doesn't bother me, but it drives my wife absolutely nuts."

I'm annoyed, I'm horny, I'm depressed. "Tell us about your ass," I say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word on the street (okay, Perez Hilton) is that Miss California lost the pageant because of her opposition to gay marriage. Not to make too much of a martyr of her, but doesn't she lose any points for being a nitwit?

StatCounter