Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Snaps

Since I'm too busy freaking out with last-minute shopping to write anything, let's take a look at some pictures I took in Japan.

This advertisement on a passing truck pretty much explains why I don't eat at McDonalds.



This photo answers the question, why do tall people have problems with posture?



What do you mean, I can't bring my bird with me? And there's no way I'm leaving my exploding package at home.



A lot of the time I had absolutely no clue what I was seeing, but not here. Obviously this is a combination college/museum called "Green Peas World." Sure, the diploma is pretty much useless, but just imagine your GPA.



Okay, thanks. How long does it take if I skip all the way?



Apparently rats get annoyed when they find your old cigarette butts. Yeah, that's really eating away at my conscience.



Torii gates are symbolic of the entryway to heaven.



GOD: Honestly, dude -- it isn't even close.

Catch you all Wednesday. Have a great holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots, especially the one of you among the Torii gates, which were obviously made for shorter people to wander through. Having too much enjoyed the Simpsons Movie last night, I couldn't help seeing the photo morph into an animated .gif of you gamboling down the lane of gates, bonking your head on each one: "D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!"

And then, having seen that knee-high sink, I didn't even want to THINK of where the urinals might be.

Anonymous said...

That sink picture is absolutely priceless. I think I'm just going to refer to it anytime I'm having a bad day and need some cheering up.

Seriously though, my heart goes out to you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the holiday snaps, very nice.

Those who are fascinated with funny Asian to English mistranslations might get a big hoot out of www.engrish.com. They post many similarly inscrutable sayings in Chines and Japanese.

TOodles

StatCounter