Friday, December 7, 2007

Go on Vacation, Spend Less Time in Purgatory

VATICAN CITY - Catholics who visit the supposedly miraculous shrine at Lourdes within the next year will spend less time in purgatory, according to a declaration by the Pope.

To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Virgin Mary's appearance to a peasant girl, special indulgences will be granted to visitors of the French shrine between December 8, 2007 and December 8, 2008.


And the pope is supposed to be the personification of Jesus on earth? Call me crazy, but I don't think Jesus ever said "Tell you what I'm gonna do."

And then Jesus said to the assembled multitudes, "Book by midnight tonight and we'll throw in this 'Giants of Doo-Wop' cd for just a small shipping and handling charge."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't the catholic church do something like this back in the day? And that was partly why the Protestants broke away? I remember learning about that in my Catholic school days..Anyway, if I'm right, you would think they would think twice before doing it again, after the shit storm it caused the last time.

StatCounter