Friday, June 10, 2011

I am totally addicted. The UK Guardian posted 24,000 pages of Sarah Palin's emails online along with a plea for readers to sift through them -- they have a "Show me one at random" button -- and report back if they found anything interesting.

I haven't found anything really hot -- like photos of somebody's wiener, or who Trig's real mom is -- but one email in particular gave me a warm feeling inside.


Sarah really is a achievement in humanity, completely personifying stupidity in just a few dozen words. First, there's the spelling: it took me a while to realize "decifered" meant "deciphered," and "soley" meant "solely." I love how she switches effortlessly to street with the word "whack," though that word is commonly spelled "wack." And she indulges in my own personal pet peeve, with an open parenthesis and no close.

But the main point truly wins me: she works so hard during her off time that it should really be considered work time, and besides, she just doesn't have time for silly paperwork.

Sigh. I love that. It didn't work for me when I was sixteen and took four-hour weed breaks during my shift at Del Taco, but evidently hope springs eternal in some parts.

No comments:

StatCounter