Friday, November 19, 2010

On "The Late Show With David Letterman," Paul Shaffer frequently introduces guests with musical jokes. For instance, when Simon Baker of "The Mentalist" walked out, the band played "If You Could Read My Mind."

Last night I watched a few minutes of Jay Leno, and it appears his bandleader, Rickey Minor, is following suit. Cutting to a commercial from ex-pres George W. Bush, he played a familiar tune, and when I remembered the lyrics I realized this might be his idea of a joke:


When I came home last night
You wouldn't make love to me
You went fast asleep
You wouldn't even talk to me

You say I'm so crazy
Coming home intoxicated


Was it a comment? Beats me. In a bedroom far away, though, I'm thinking Laura probably choked on her Dubonnet.

No comments:

StatCounter