Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Future Man

I'm pretty pessimistic about the future. What with global warming, it'll be ridiculously hot. We'll all have to wear some kind of loincloth, or even diaper. The ground will be superheated because the ozone layer is gone, and since all the glaciers have melted we'll have to wear big, heavy boots. Civilization will have collapsed so we'll need guns, and we'll have to carry around plenty of ammunition. We'll be so busy fighting, in fact, that basic grooming habits like cutting our hair and shaving will be a thing of the past.

In the spirit of Al Gore, I wrote a computer simulation that took all these predictions and generated an image of what the average man will look like in just fifty short years, provided we don't make drastic changes:



Oh.

Well, that's it for today. I don't know about you, but I'm going to head to the nearest dealership and buy myself a larger car.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ, 1974. Sean's people swear he only did it for the money, but you have to wonder. I defy anyone to sit through it stone-cold sober.

R J Keefe said...

As a crazy person, I saw this film something like six times in the theatre when it come out. I had the place to myself. The film was marketed to people who hated it, while those who might be interested in its take on the Faust legend were repelled by the marketing and never saw it. On top of that, it is has not aged well. Or, rather, it has captured, as if in amber, a rare but strong vintage of Seventies Solipsism. I must write to my friend M Smith about having met his challenge... over and over.

RomanHans said...

I thought Zardoz was good! Then again, I liked "The Omega Man" too. I have seen the destruction of the earth, and the survivors are hunky and shirtless.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a picture of Sean Connery I never needed to see.

Anonymous said...

Maggie is absolutely right, RJK; there's no way you saw ZARDOZ that many times unless you were tripping. Trust me, even if I'm the ones birds speak Greek to. The dialogue alone should push any sane man over the edge, not to mention that whole mad scene with all the mirrors.

StatCounter