Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Best Dialog Ever: TV's "Smash"

DEBRA MESSING'S WRITING PARTNER: You know who would be a great Joe Dimaggio for our Marilyn Monroe musical? Derrick Clay.

DEBRA MESSING: Derrick Clay? I've never heard of him. Where can I hear him sing?

DBWP: Currently he's starring in that Bruno Mars thing in the East Village.

DM: Oh. Okay. I'll guess I'll go see that Bruno Mars thing in the East Village.

(LATER)

DM: I really, really loved Derrick Clay in that Bruno Mars thing in the East Village.

DBWP: Yes, he is absolutely amazing in that Bruno Mars thing in the East Village.

DM: Can we get him for our show?

DBWP: Hmm; I'm not sure. He's in that Bruno Mars thing in the East Village.



(P.S. Bruno Mars is pretty much the opposite of the East Village. The day there's a "Bruno Mars thing in the East Village" is the day there's a Carol Channing thing in my pants.)

No comments:

StatCounter