Monday, October 17, 2011

Comic Con was this weekend, which means the city was full of folks in costume. Exactly what they were portraying, though, was anybody's guess.


I'm pretty sure this guy is Wonder Woman. Admire the costume. Respect his courage. Whatever you do though, don't ask about his magic lasso.


This woman demonstrates a trend I saw in a lot of costumes: handicraft. Which, you know, should certainly be applauded for ingenuity, though execution can be questionable. Unless this creature is from a distant planet where you have to crochet your own head.

Though these aliens may face incredible star battles against distant galactical foes, they'll never want for oven mitts.


More handicraft here. Somewhere an Olive Garden is missing its breadsticks.


Guest of a Guest says this is Zangief from Street Fighter. I'm pretty sure it's just a dude showing off the only sash he'll ever own.


I'm totally at sea here. He's got Wolverine's claws, but he's singing. Got it! This is obviously Benverine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guest of a Guest wins this wager. I wasn't a cosplayer but, in fact, the actor who stars as Zangief in the hit series, "Street Fighter: The Later Years". Because, as Drummer Bear, I'd recently won the title of Mr. Stonewall Bear, I felt like I won it for The Red Cyclone, too, and that's why I wore it at Comic-con. I'm now being invited to compete for other titles so time will tell if you're right about this one being a fluke. I also portrayed Zangief in "Kirby (The Short Film)" and will play him again in the new SFTLY spin-off, "Street Fighter Reunion".

RomanHans said...

Hey Mike! I only understand about half of your post. Please know, though, that I spent far more time imagining you naked on top of me than writing this. Your fan, RomanHans.

Unknown said...

LOL! I should've jumped you at Comic-con. I was almost naked already, LOL! Love ya, RomanHans! Spinning Piledriving hugs!

StatCounter