Friday, July 8, 2011

As you might know, I'm a huge fan of everything Japanese, so naturally I keep up with their cultural trends. Lately I've been hearing about something called "panchira," which evidently means "panty flash." This is when somebody is in a short skirt and for some reason they accidentally offer bystanders a quick view of their underwear. Apparently there's something about the unintentional nature of this display that underscores the innocence of the flasher, making them seem more attractive and the act of voyeurism more forbidden. Panchira can be seen in Japanese TV, movies, and advertisements, but particularly in anime.

As a writer and as a man, this trend fascinated me. What an odd turn-on! How strange and yet -- I'll admit it -- so unexpectedly hot. Ever since I first heard about it, I couldn't stop imagining these scenes in my head, and eventually I decided to immortalize some of the most erotic in ceramic figurines.

The tennis player has always been an object of sexual desire. Their athleticism, their grace, their animalistic sweat. What could be hotter than if one accidentally lost their glasses and, while retrieving them, gave us a quick glimpse of their underthings?


Mr. Takahashi has forgotten to put his pants on. He's an excellent businessman, but he has that forthcoming merger on his mind. He is our boss, and if he caught us admiring his Munsingwear he'd surely fire us. Still, we can't resist that forbidden glance.


I don't know anyone who hasn't masturbated to the thought of a businessman in a schoolgirl's outfit. Here I think I've nicely captured Mr. Morimoto being surprised by an unexpected gust of wind. Somebody's been working out.


Drunks have always been erotic, because their helplessness evokes the suppressed desire for domination within ourselves. Takiyo Muriyama has had one too many sakes after a hard day at work, and doesn't realize his Jockeys are exposed for the world to see. He's clearly beyond caring: can we look without shame? Or can we, perhaps, move next to him and hike up his skirt just an inch or two more?

No comments:

StatCounter