Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art

It's surprisingly easy.
  • Take a photo of your genitals and make a slide of it.
  • Buy a battery-operated slide projector.
  • Find a church with a copy of Velazquez's "Crucifixion."
  • Project your genitals onto Jesus.
Thus turning this:


into this:


I guess there's a point to it. When I looked at the photo, I thought "Whoa! That's one holy sceptre!" which may be the artist's intent. I mean, if Jesus were consistently pictured naked, we probably wouldn't notice it. I've seen Michelangelo's David so many times I can hardly remember which ball is droopier.

Maybe the artist wants to portray the scene with more historical accuracy, because the whole towel thing is kind of odd. Think about what kind of day Jesus had, carrying the cross up the hill, getting whipped and all that. And the towel never fell off? I could wrap myself eight layers deep and the second I answer the door mine goes floorward, which is probably why nobody's tried to sell me cookies in twenty years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the towel is the 'art.' The Romans didn't bother dressing criminals to crucify or otherwise kill them.

blogwasp said...

'Dad, I have to tell you something. Ever since I was told the story of Adam and Eve I wanted to become a nudist. And so I did. Instead of a last meal I demanded to be crucified nekkid.'
'GREAT. NOW THERE'S FIFTY MILLION FRESCO'S, PAINTINGS AND SCULPTURES TO BE CORRECTED. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAVEN, ASSHOLE.
I SHOULD HAVE DECIDED ON A DAUGHTER.'

I love this blog, by the way. Great photographs. And delicate yet cutting humor! And you're an American? Wonders never cease.

I've bookmarked you. Couldn't help myself.

blogwasp said...

O, wait...
The nudie pic is considerably smaller than the one with the loin cloth.
Big loin cloth.
Small nudie thingy.
So you are an American after all!

StatCounter